Things to Do Near Battle and Hastings, East Sussex
No matter what you enjoy, there’s plenty of things to do near Battle and Hastings. Our location is ideal to explore both locations and the surrounding area.
The historic town of Battle is just 7 minutes away or 1 stop on the train. You can visit Battle Abbey and walk around the battlefield learning about the history and battle of 1066. The town itself is a pleasure to wander around, all the shops are local without a chain insight. Some highlights:
- Spoilt Rotten for sweets and icecream including vegan icecream.
- Bluebells Tearooms and Burtons Tearooms are popular lunchtime haunts.
- French’s Fishmonger will deliver your wet fish order to the park and The Greener Grocer has fresh local fruit and vegetables.
- Taylors Fish and Chips is great for take-aways.
- White’s Seafood and Steak Restaurant, The Sweet Olive, Chequers Inn, and The Abbey Hotel are all great places to eat.
Battle is our closest town and you will find a Co-op and a small Tesco Express and Esso petrol station there too.